Friday, April 22, 2016

Beginning My Magazine

Cover I designed using Canva
    As I stated in my first blog, I plan on making my own art-based magazine to present in front of the class. This week, I began focusing on this aspect of my 20% project. I have the content of the magazine, now all I have to do is design and actually create it. First, I used a program to design my magazine cover ("Free"). This program had an abundance of professional templates and elements to create a realistic cover.

     One thing I knew would be difficult is the layout of the interior pages. Because of this, I wanted to know what to do, but also what not to do. I learned how to accurately place headings, photos, and text. This article explained how readers react to certain placement of these elements ("Magazine"). My new knowledge of organizational flow is bound to make my magazine look a lot better and more professional.




"Free Online Magazine Cover Maker - Canva." About Canva. Web. 22 Apr. 2016.

"Magazine Spreads – Good and Bad Practices." Magazine Designing. 04 May 2013. Web. 22 Apr. 2016.

1 comment:

  1. I can help you with this if you want, Logan. I was editor of my college newspaper, which meant lots of layout work, along with writing.

    ReplyDelete